Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Introduction

Anil Kumar Prasanna, age 29 years a travel consultant, love to be an travel entrepreuner, working too long with too many ideas running across. Being 9 years in the industry, have worked in very challenging roles.

My previous role what I enjoyed the most is Executive Consultant - Tours in a Bangalore based leisure company called Hammock Holidays. This was the company which took me close to my hobby the way I wanted it. My hobby and my career is the same...., and I get indemnified for it. Consultant is a defined role, which means more than a sale / business or how to scale the business?

There are lot of people in industry who claims to be the best tour consultant, but the issue with this is, they do not provide consultation but just 'Reservation', which is just a clerical grab....

Just an example, a colleague of mine supposed to be the best person in International Flight department. She is so acclimated to the system that she cannot DENKEN anything beyond that and mostly works on perceptions. Since she does not interact with airlines, she has not been acknowledged in her field. She may not give you the lowest deal possible, yet she is dedicated in her work, good but not smart. Lot of travel executives do monotonous jobs and remain stagnant.

Best thing in this industry is read up as much as possible about new destinations, connections, prices, trends if you keep yourself updated you are meritorious forever. I have earned a decent coin, but at the same time I have spent a lot on traveling aswell.  Networking is also an important way to do business, interact with lot of people in industry even though you don't do business.

My previous work experiences : Ebookers.com (Pilot project in India), Destinations of The World  - Dubai Consultant Inbound Business, Europe Market, Pearl Travels UK Pvt Ltd, Dream Destinationz ( my trial to become an entrepreneur), Via - Flightraja.com and inbetween small
stint with cleartrip.com

Have traveled extensively in India, also South Africa, Zimbabwe, UK, Thailand, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Macau, UAE.

Future destinos that I love to travel are Peru, Vietnam, Philiphines, Cambodia, Indonesia, Fregate Island, Bora Bora, Tahiti, Morocco, Lebanon and Spain.

Will keep you all updated about my posts on this site keep watching, I am just trying to put my thoughts into the record on this blogs.

Dont worry about online travel companies taking over the jobs, for any multi destination tours the consultants are required, for an luxury holiday consultant is required, online travel agencies
are a marketing tool, if you are the best you will survive.

The current scenario which they call recession is also an opportunity for new entrepreneurs and skilled people.

Any newcomers who are keen on starting a holiday business, home based travel consultants please free to contact me on dreamdez@gmail.com for any kind of assistance.

AKP



1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Excellent initiative. Wishing you very best.

    VS
    www.BestGoaDeals.com

    ReplyDelete